warning:

warning: best read with box-o-wine

Monday, June 28, 2010

Mountain Biking

I think I have replaced sex in my life with something else.


Mountain Biking!


And just like sex, I've only done it twice. Just joking, I've only done it once. I've actually mountain biked twice (at least recently).


For those of you who think that mountain biking is lame(that would be me prior to riding Just Outstanding in Kernsville), let me just point out some of the similarities, I may convince you yet to try it, that is unless of course you are not into sex, at which point I give you a few words of wisdom. a) find a partner who will rock your world because the one you are with is not getting the job done. b) see number a.

Here are a few similarities between mountain biking and sex:

1) Endorphines, you have to do it vigorously enough to release endorphines. If you just sit there and do nothing, nothing will happen.

2) Sometimes it's painful and makes you want to throw-up, but at the end of the ride, you're glad you did it. (especially the first time)

3) Good equipment and experienced riding partners makes all the difference in the world.

4) After a good ride, you're usually ravenous and want to eat a lot.

I am in the process of looking for my new mountain bike. As I mentioned to W. I'm pretty certain my ever elusive soulmate may very well be in the form of a mountain bike and he's now emitting his beacon of love to me, begging me to find him before someone else takes him off the market. I'm almost 40 dammit. I have maybe 3-5 good years left in me and then after that, it's all downhill from there, which will be fine, especially if I'm on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment