warning:

warning: best read with box-o-wine

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hurts so good

I've spent the last few weeks really getting to know my bike, the sides of different mountains and my physical limits. It has been so much fun climbing up these unbearably long and steep hills with the sun beating down on my head, not allowing myself to give up. Then the exhilaration of going downhill as fast as I can (which is not as fast as humanly possible...yet). There's really not a lot of words I can use to describe how I feel. Freedom comes to mind. Focus. Life. Wreckless Joy also pops up.



There are so many benefits to riding my bike with very few downsides. But there are downsides...



I've fallen off my bike at least 6 times. All 6 times, I've drawn blood. 3 of those 6 times, I was jarred pretty hard and one of those 6 times, I couldn't bounce right back up, I had to lay there because I wasn't sure if I my left leg was still attached. I'm bruised, scabbed, sore and moving around like a grandma when I'm not on the bike. Despite the pain, I love it. I love it because it actually makes me feel alive and my scabby knees reminds me of when I was a kid. The bruises will go away but the experience will remain as an indelible impression on my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment